You really want to conquer Fansipan but don't know what the starting point was. Please read the following suggestions to prepare for a wonderful trip in the coming spring.
1. SELECTION OF AVAILABLE ROUTES
Fansipan climbing has 03 roads which is exploited official by Hoang Lien Son National Park. When choose your own roads, travelers should consider about health factors, time and their desire to experience.
a. Tram Ton – Fansipan – Tram Ton or Tram Ton – Fansipan – Cable Car
The total length of road section is 11.6 km. There are 02 tents and overnight stay solidly point. You will climb continuously about 9 hours in 2 days. Time to get to the point at 2.200m height is 3 hours. Need 4 hours to climb to the 2800m altitude at this point and the remaining 2 hours to climb to Fansipan at 3143m.
From the top of Fansipan, you can take the cable car to the town in about 40 minutes, including 20-minute walk from the top of the cable car station and 20 minutes back to the town to sit cable.
This is the most connected roads, not too steep, consistent with the first-time travelers climbing and rare physical exercise. Trails are mostly flat trails created by indigenous people frequently on long forest for cultivation.
b. Sin Chai village – Fansipan – Tram Ton or Sin Chai village – Fansipan – Cable Car
The total length of road section is 15 km. There is a pit stop point at height of 2200m and you have to make a camp at height of 2800m. This is a relatively difficult journey and the terrain changes abruptly. However, many scenic valleys and hills filled with bamboo and pristine vegetation will be the deserved reward for you.
c. Cat Cat village – Fansipan – Tram Ton or Cat Cat village – Fansipan – Cable Car
The total length of roads is 20 km. There are no break point. We have to camp.
Journey lasts for 4 days with a total time of 18 hours to climb includes 8 hours to a height of 2150m, the next 8 hours and 2 hours to get to the last 2680m to the summit)
This is the most distance, the rugged, winding and also the most beautiful roads. On your journey, you will come across a wealth of cardamom cultivation, weaving between pine forests, bamboo, stunningly sharp azaleas. The points can camp located in cardamom cultivation forest.
This road has a little of springs and waterfalls. There is almost forests which characterized mainly temperate regions of the Hoang Lien National Park.
2. REGISTRATION PROCEDURES AND HOW TO BUY TICKETS
a. Guides and porters
Tourist guider and porters
- Inland Guider: Must have guide card licensing by the Hoang Lien National Park.
- International Guider: Must have guide card licensing by the Hoang Lien National Park or international guide card licensing by the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism of Vietnam or the Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism of Lao Cai province.
- The porters: is indigenous people living in the area of Sa Pa town, Hoang Lien National Park who is certified.
b. Registration procedures and how to buy tickets
Visitors registered through tour operators have contracts Fansipan mountain climbing tours with Hoang Lien National Park (such as: the Hoang Lien Travel, Vietdiscovery ....).
These companies are responsible for preparing the registration procedure information related to district interdisciplinary team, buy tickets at the Hoang Lien National Park (tickets as prescribed and other fees follow the law, fuel, environment) at the Hoang Lien National Park.
- Express bus from Hanoi to Sapa and Sapa to Hanoi: VND 500,000 (~$25). Train tickets is more expensive and there are many different prescription class, averaging from VND 800,000-1,000,000 for roundtrip (~ $40-50). You can look up and book tickets at any travel agency.
- Buy standard tours Fansipan approximately USD 75-220/ person (depending on the selected roads, private or group tour).
INCLUDED Expenses for all procedures in the forest (insurance, scenic tickets and other fees)
- Quality food for climbing members include meals
- Accommodation in the mountains and sleeping bags
- Bathrooms individuals and deposit in Sapa
- Stay and medal in 2800m: VND 100,000
4. Essential Items (Fansipan Kit)
- Climbing pants
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Sleeping bag
- Mini bag
- Hydration packs
- Mini lights
- Picnic lights
- Tent coverings
- Hiking sticks
- Key chain
- Water heater
If you have any question, please contact us at Lao Cai tourist information and promotion center 02 – Fansipan street, Sapa town. Email: [email protected] Wish you a good trip!
Photos and written by Thanh Tuan