With the desire to introduce the image of Bac Ha - Lao Cai tourism to provinces in the country, at the same time preserve, exploit and preserve and develop the local cultural values, Bac Ha Winter Festival 2020 open from 20 to 21 November 2020.
Bac Ha Winter Festival 2020 includes 6 main activities:
1. The culinary festival "Bac Ha rice tray", takes place from 13:30 - 16:00 on November 21, 2020 at Thang Co market area. Organizing competitions of traditional dishes of ethnic minorities in Bac Ha district to promote and introduce the dishes of ethnic groups in the area to visitors
2. The first Khen Mong contest and Bac Ha fair market discovery took place from 8:00 am to 13:00 on November 22, 2020 at Bac Ha Cultural Market. This is not only a contest to see who has the best Mong khene dance in Bac Ha, but also an opportunity for visitors to experience and enjoy the unique cultural activities of the Mong with its khene tree. They and experience and explore Bac Ha Cultural Market - a colorful indigenous space that is still kept almost intact, bringing great emotions to the experience from scent, taste to color. . This is an opportunity for you to taste the traditional Bac Ha dishes such as triumphalism, mén mén, sour pho, ... buy hand-embroidered H'mong brocade dishes...
3. The first wide Na Hoi commune horse race in 2020, takes place from 8:00 am to 11:00 on November 21, 2020 at the district's central stadium. The competition content includes individual and team racing content with a distance of 1,900m. Visitors have the opportunity to experience a unique horse racing in the middle of winter in Bac Ha with the participation of the best jockey from Na Hoi commune, Bac Ha district.
4. Street festival from 16:00 - 19:30 on November 21, 2020 on the main streets of Bac Ha town. The street festival displays horses, flowers, brocade and ethnic cultural features on the main roads of Bac Ha town with 30 parade horses decorated with special brocade, ponies in traditional costumes, horse wagon, flower truck decorated, typical folk dance performers.
5. Experience Bac Ha Night Market from 19:30 - 22:00 on November 21, 2020 at the stage of Bac Ha night market. This is a weekend meeting place of ethnic minorities in the district, an important night-time cultural feature of the people and especially attractive to tourists.
In addition to the above activities, visitors can participate in the experience of unique cultural activities at Hoang A Tuong Palace such as demonstration activities, display of corn wine making process, introduction about the history of the residence. Or choose to experience the flower and tree space of Bac Ha, Thai Giang Pho flower valley, km7 rose camp and community based tourism around Bac Ha town like Na Hoi, Thai Giang Pho, Ta Chai, Ban Pho...